Have you recently bought a motorcycle and now you want to take it out on the road for a spin?
That’s all well and good but if you don’t have the protective gear to wear whilst riding your motorcycle, you’re going to need to think twice before jumping on it for a little ride!
It might not look ‘cool’ wearing a motorcycle helmet, but all the protection gear you have to wear is a vital part of your safety when you take your motorcycle out on the road, because anything could happen – from falling off it to a full on crash.
So, it could be the difference between you ending up in hospital or coming off mostly unscathed!
One particularly important element of your protection gear are your motorcycle gloves.
Your hands are extremely precious and you use them for everything, so the last thing you want to do is to injure them so badly you can’t even use them anymore.
For this reason, you’ll need durable gloves that are specially designed for motorcyclists – you can’t afford to buy just any old gloves, as they’ll likely be too flimsy and won’t actually protect your hands properly.
With this in mind, we’ve made a list for you of the very best motorcycle gloves available on the market today!
These multi-purpose CONFIT motorcycle gloves are perfect if you’re looking for something versatile to use for all sorts of different activities where you might require durable gloves!
These gloves are brilliant for wearing as protection when you’re riding your motorcycle, as well as for cycling, motocross, climbing, skating and road racing.
They have touch screen fingertips that contain conductive metal fiber on the index finger and thumb so that you can use your smartphone with them on, meaning you don’t have to go through the hassle of taking them off every time you need to text or call someone.
With palm pads protection and professional knuckles, they offer extremely full and durable protection to your hands, no matter how hard you fall on them or scrape them.
You’ll also have complete control when riding your motorcycle as these gloves have a brilliant grip on them, with wear-resistant silicone gel inside the part of the glove where your palm goes.
You can also be sure that your hands won’t get overly clammy whilst wearing them due to the fact that they’re made from breathable polyester that contains air vents to allow air through to your actual hands.
They even come in a choice of seven different colors, so you can pick whichever one you prefer and you can match it to the rest of your protection gear or your motorcycle color if you want to!
- Touch screen fingertips – these contain conductive metal fiber so you can use any touch screen device without having to take them off!
- Good protection – palm pads protection and professional knuckles mean they offer your hands full protection and are very durable
- Good grip – they have wear-resistant silicone gel in them to give you a better grip, so you can be sure you can ride safely without your hands ever slipping
- Breathable – they’re made from breathable polyester and contain air vents so your hands won’t get overly clammy
- Choice of colors – can pick from seven different color options to suit your own personal style!
- Mainly designed for use in the warmer months – might not be suitable for the winter as they’re primarily designed to be worn in hot weather
Also available at
If you want the best motorcycle gloves that fit your hands perfectly, then these INBIKE gloves are the perfect choice for you!
They’re stretchy so that they will fit your hands as snuggly as possible, ensuring you have complete control whenever you use your hands with them on.
Added to this, the cuff has a hook and loop fastener which will also help you get a more snug fit – plus there’s a pull tab in the wrist to help you easily take them on and off.
The material is also breathable – made from polyester and having a hole on the fingers and palms to let air in – so that your hands won’t become too clammy.
There is a TPR pad in the palm section of the gloves and a thickened microfiber patch on the palm and finger sections, all of which makes them more wear resistant and durable.
Shockproof, these gloves have EUDE FOAM material in the joint, which absorbs any sort of shock impact and reduces intense vibrations to make your motorcycle ride all the more comfortable!
You can also use your phone or any other touchscreen device with them on, as they have microfiber material on the index fingers that conveniently allows you to do this.
- Snug fit – they’re stretchy and the cuff has a hook and loop fastener to tighten them if needed
- Breathable – the polyester material with a hole on the fingers and palms make them breathable so that your hands don’t get too clammy
- Wear resistant – come with a TPR pad in the palms and a thickened microfiber patch on both the palms and fingers to make them durable and more wear resistant
- Shockproof – contain EUDE FOAM material in the joint, which absorbs shock and reduces vibrations to allow you a more comfortable ride!
- Touchscreen material – you can use any touchscreen device whilst wearing them as they have a microfiber material on the index fingers that allows you to use touchscreen technology
- Sizes might run small – you might need to order a larger size than what you usually would, as sizes potentially run small
Also available at
Extremely durable and perfect for safe riding, these Alpinestars leather motorcycle gloves were made to last a very long time!
They’re made from premium full grain leather, which make them super strong and also abrasion resistant, so you can guarantee they won’t be tearing anytime soon and they’ll fully protect your hands.
They have a microfiber and PU grip insert positioned strategically on the palm and thumb sections for excellent grip and control, meaning you’ll always stay safe and don’t have to worry about losing your grip.
An ergonomic stretch insert between the palm and thumb section of the gloves means your hand movement won’t be at all restricted and will allow you to operate your motorcycle’s controls much more easily.
For added safety, they have a patented third and fourth finger bridge that stops the seam from breaking or tearing, therefore preventing your fingers from separating if you ever slide off your motorcycle.
They also have touchscreen fingertip compatibility so you can conveniently use your smartphone or any other touchscreen device whenever you need to without having to go through the time and effort of taking your gloves off and then putting them back on again!
- Durable – they’re made from premium full grain leather, making them extremely durable and abrasion resistant
- Good grip – they have a microfiber and PU grip insert on the palms and thumbs, which allows for good grip and control
- Ergonomic stretch insert – this means your hand movement won’t be restricted and you can use the controls on your motorcycle without any problem
- Patented third and fourth finger bridge – this stops the seam from tearing and will prevent your fingers from separating if you slide off your motorcycle
- Touchscreen fingertip compatibility – you can conveniently use any touchscreen device whilst wearing them!
- Need breaking in – they can be a bit stiff when you first wear them and might need some breaking in before they actually feel comfortable
Also available at
These Scorpion EXO Klaw II motorcycle gloves are extremely durable whilst also remaining super comfortable to wear!
They’re made from goatskin leather, which means they’re very strong and able to prevent any kind of abrasion, so they’re really great for protection.
They also have TPR molded finger protectors and TPU molded knuckle protection for added safety, so you can guarantee your hands will be fine even if you find yourself sliding off your motorcycle!
They have pre-curved fingers and a pre-curved palm for good grip and extra comfort, meaning you never have to be concerned about losing your grip and they’ll always feel comfortable to ride in.
Plus they have a neoprene wrist relief panel so they don’t rub against your wrists too much!
Rib stretched knuckle expansion panels give these gloves good flexibility and you’ll be able to move your hands in them very easily.
They’ll also fit your hands well and will stay tight because they have a hook and loop which you can tighten around your wrists to make sure they’re on comfortably and securely.
The gloves are very breathable, too, because they allow airflow in at the tips of your fingers due to the perforated leather in that area.
- Very protective – they’re durable, abrasion resistant and have TPR molded finger protectors and TPU molded knuckle protection so your hands are fully protected when you have them on!
- Good grip – They have pre-curved fingers and pre-curved palms to ensure you have a good grip whilst wearing them
- Comfortable – The pre-curved fingers and palms also mean they’re very comfortable to wear, and they also have a neoprene wrist relief panel so they don’t rub against your wrists and cause you any pain
- Good fit – they stay tight due to the fact that they have a hook and loop on the wrist which you can tighten – and the rib stretched knuckle expansion panels give you good flexibility
- Breathable – The perforated leather on the fingertips makes them breathable as it allows for good airflow
- Not the best for winter – they’re designed for warmer weather so might be too cold to wear in the winter
Also available at
If you’re searching for gloves that provide protection to more than just your hands and wrists, then these Joe Rocket motorcycle gloves are your answer, as they’re full gauntlet gloves and offer your forearm protection too!
These gloves really look the part and are made from premium goatskin leather, making them very durable.
They also have additional rubber padding and a liner that absorbs impact to make them even safer and more protective.
They’re extremely comfortable to wear, with an outseam construction on the palms and exterior seam construction at the back of the finger and thumb sections.
And they’re breathable, containing knuckle protection that’s ventilated to allow air to flow through.
You won’t have to worry about losing your grip with these gloves, either, as they have a non-slip palm overlay so that you can have a secure grip on things.
They’re a very good fit and have a hook and loop double cuff velcro fastener so you can tighten them if you need to, to ensure they’re secure and won’t slip off your hands.
Added to all of this, they come in a choice of four different colors so you can choose whichever one suits your style the most!
- Forearm protection – these gloves cover your forearms as well as your hands and wrists, meaning you’ll have that little bit of added protection!
- Durable – they’re made from premium goatskin leather and have additional rubber padding and a liner that absorbs impact, making them very strong and extremely protective
- Comfortable – they have an outseam construction on the palms and exterior seam construction at the back of the fingers and thumbs to make them comfortable to wear
- Good grip – they come with a non-slip palm overlay, giving you a very secure grip
- Good fit – they fit snuggly and have a hook and loop velcro fastener if you need to tighten them up so that they don’t fall off
- Can be quite tight at the beginning – they might feel a bit too tight when you first wear them and require some breaking in to make them stretch out more
Also available at
Best Motorcycle Gloves Buyer’s Guide
It might seem like an easy task to just go online and buy yourself a pair of motorcycle gloves, but actually it’s not quite that simple and there are some factors you need to consider before buying them.
For example, you don’t want to end up spending your money on a pair that is made from a flimsy material, because then there’s not much point in buying protective motorcycle gloves at all if they won’t actually protect your hands!
So, for that reason, below are some important considerations to think about before you head online to buy your first pair of motorcycle gloves.
Material And Protection
What material the glove is made out of will inevitably be a factor in how much protection they’ll actually give you.
Don’t go for any materials that are flimsy and that provide you with next to no durability.
Leather is a very good choice to go for, as you can be sure the gloves will be sturdy and will also last you a long time without breaking or tearing.
In terms of added protection look out for a good protective motorcycle jacket and gloves that also contain some sort of additional padding, as this will make it even more likely to completely protect your hands from injury.
Obviously the size of the gloves you buy is extremely important, because if they don’t fit snuggly, it will be difficult for you to control anything as you won’t have a very good grip on things.
But, on the other hand, you don’t want them to be too tight otherwise it’ll become painful and you also need room to move your hands about as well, otherwise, again, you won’t be able to properly control anything with your hands, which is a potential safety hazard.
Naturally, you’ll want to feel comfortable in the gloves you’re wearing, especially if you’re out on your motorcycle for long periods of time.
Certain materials and padding will enhance your comfort levels, so look out for anything that specifically mentions comfort and make sure to read the reviews before you buy the gloves to double check the company is telling the truth.
Another key element for comfort, particularly in the warmer months, is ensuring that the gloves are breathable and have vents or holes to allow air in – there’s nothing worse than clammy fingers whilst you’re riding your motorcycle!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do Motorcyclists Need Gloves?
Motorcyclists need specialized gloves to protect their hands and fingers from becoming injured during a fall off their motorcycle.
Riding without these specialized gloves is very dangerous.
Should Motorbike Gloves Be Tight?
Yes, but not too tight.
They should feel snug but you should also be able to move your fingers around in them without feeling overly constricted.
Equally, if they bunch anywhere, then they’re too big and you should think about going a size down.